Friday, September 10, 2010

NYC neighbours

I am currently living on East 5th Street in the East Village. I think Frank Booth from David Lynch's Blue Velvet is living next door because I can hear a crazed man repeatedly shouting, "I'm trying to sleep you fuckers!" and "I'll get you, you fuckers!" It's after 4pm in the afternoon, and I can't hear anyone else in the building making noise. This man has been waking me up at about 9am most mornings when he picks up his electric guitar to jam to the Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin - at least I think it's Led Zeppelin, although I guess it could be Wolfmother. He gets really into it and I imagine he's downed  a few Pabst Blue Ribbons in his time. Our apartment is close to a police station and my flatmate said they often visit this man. He said he is contemplating complaining about the noise, "but I guess it's not illegal to shout abuse in your own apartment." And I used to think it was bad when I'd hear neighbours having sex in Sydney. Maybe my neighbour just needs a lady or man friend and then he wouldn't be so angry.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome.
    Our neighbours aren't nearly that exciting.
    There's a 14 year old girl who smokes pot instead of going to school while her poor mother does shift work on one side, and on the other side, there's a weird and complex arrangement of several people, some of whom do peyote for an occupation.
    Newport is all class.

    ReplyDelete