Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Dramatic Reading of "My Father's Daughter" by Gwyneth Paltrow


A friend sent me this hilarious video mocking Gwyneth Paltrow's self-indulgent cook book. Paltrow perfectly encapsulates why I dislike women ranting and raving about their culinary prowess, essentially screaming, "Look at me and my cake! Look what a good woman I am! What a wonderful wife I make! What a loving and perfect mother! I AM SO DOMESTICATED AND I AM LOVING IT! Wow, it feels so good to be a PERFECT woman!" I enjoy cooking as much as the next person, but for god's sake, I am not defined by my ability to combine ingredients in a pleasant tasting manner, and I will not subscribe to old-fashioned stereotypes of what a good woman should be. Gwyneth Paltrow, please stop making us nauseous...

1 comment: