Friday, September 9, 2011

New York Fashion Week


Last night I interviewed the lovely Marisa Berenson who, at 64, is still ravishingly beautiful. Berenson was a hugely successful model in the 1960s and 70s (no less than Yves Saint Laurent himself dubbed her "the girl of the seventies") and has starred in films such as Stanley Kubrick's Barry Lyndon, Luchino Visconti's Death in Venice and more recently in the sumptuous I Am Love. I met Berenson at the launch of her new book, ‘Marisa Berenson: A Life in Pictures’ at Donna Karan’s Madison Avenue boutique in Manhattan. She was unfailingly polite, and gave me a hug and a kiss afterwards despite the fact I had asked her to discuss a very painful topic, the loss of her sister who died as a passenger on one of the planes which plunged into the World Trade Center on 9/11.“It’s always hard to remember that, with all of the images and the talk of it,” Berenson said of the approaching tenth anniversary of the attacks. “I celebrate my sister every day and she’s in my heart. I want to be very private and very personal about it.” Berenson herself was on a plane headed to New York when the attacks occurred, and told me she finds solace in her faith, being a "deeply spiritual person."  




No comments:

Post a Comment